From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
The trial had just ended, isn't it likely that Tarney is still on Galactica when his ship is destroyed?
OTW 14:17, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Well, Roslin mentions him. But there should be enough time between the trial and the jump to the nebula to transfer the captains back. One may assume that they would be on their ships for that. -- Serenity 14:25, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Ditto. It probably takes no less than 20 minutes for Raptors to transfer the captains back to their ships. Not really much of a major thing... -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 14:49, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- It would also make sense that a ship's captain would want to be back on his/her own ship when it jumps, lest ship and fleet get separated, for example ... -- Fredmdbud 18:29, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
It seems to me that Tarney is the person credited as "Judge #2" in "Crossroads," so we do know who played him. There were five judges on the panel. Three of them has speaking parts, Tarney, Adama, and Franks, and three corresponding actors were credited. Nonspeaking parts typically aren't credited. Since Tarney did speak and the other two unnamed (at the time) judges didn't, logic suggests that that character is Judge #2, and that he's played by William Samples. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by David cgc (talk • contribs).
- Right, I was lazy, basically... I'll add the correction now. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 17:00, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- That's not Samples as far as I can tell. Samples is the guy on the right in in this picture according to the official promotional photography captions. I tried a Google search for other pictures of Samples, but didn't come up with much. The best way to verify this would be to find some pictures of Samples and compare them to Tarney and that other guy. -- Serenity 18:06, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- Frak. You're right. That's why I didn't add it... Sorry. My mind is somewhere else right now... :( -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 18:08, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, I found this and this picture of Samples playing someone on Smallville and that does kinda look like Tarney. So it seems that promo picture is wrong. Sorry :( If it weren't for that I would have thought him to be Judge#2 too. The credit thing is logical, but there have been instances of uncredited roles on this show and others. -- Serenity 18:22, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
William Samples's Character Not Captain Tarney?
I noticed that in "Islanded in a Stream of Stars," William Samples is credited as "Captain Greene," and this eBay auction of his costume seems to confirm that his name is Captain Socrates Green and he was also one of the judges on Baltar's tribunal. It seems like the writers have decided to retcon away the "Pyxis" patch and decree that Samples's character was the captain of another ship that was not destroyed. As a result, it seems like this article needs to be split into two, one for never-glimpsed, deceased Captain Tarney, and one for the live Quorum member Captain Greene. --Dev F 22:46, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- The issue is that the character (and the actor) are wearing the Pyxis patch. Clearly, this is a continuity error (albeit a minor one) and should be noted as such. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 04:47, 9 March 2009 (UTC)