From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
Present Senior Staff
Chain of Command
The current commander of Galactica is Admiral Adama, and second-in-command is Colonel Tigh (Tigh has retained this position despite the revelation that he is one of the Final Five Cylons). Captain Karl Agathon has risen to third-in-command and has frequently filled in as executive officer. Beyond that the hierarchy is unclear. Major Cottle is a medical officer and outside of the chain of command, and Captain Aaron Kelly's detention ("The Son Also Rises") presumably removes him from the order of precedence.
- Commander William Adama (Miniseries to "Scattered") - Injured after assassination attempt
- Colonel Saul Tigh, Acting ("Scattered" to "The Farm") - Relinquishes command after Commander Adama returns to duty
- Commander, later Admiral William Adama ("The Farm" to "Sine Qua Non") - Promoted to admiral by President Roslin ("Resurrection Ship, Part II"). During this period, Adama's flag briefly fell under the command of Rear Admiral Helena Cain although Adama retained basic operational command of Galactica ("Pegasus" to "Resurrection Ship, Part II").
- Colonel (temporarily Admiral) Saul Tigh ("Sine Qua Non" to "Revelations") - Adama resigns position temporarily to search for Roslin
- Admiral William Adama ("Revelations" to "The Oath") - Adama returns to the Fleet, is deposed in a mutiny
- Lieutenant (unofficially, Commander) Felix Gaeta, de facto ("The Oath" to "Blood on the Scales") - Gaeta siezes command in a mutiny as part of a coup d'etat led by Tom Zarek.
- Admiral William Adama ("Blood on the Scales" to "Daybreak, Part II") - Adama regains command by force; Gaeta is executed for mutiny.
Commander, Air Group
Chief Medical Officer
Chief of the Deck
Landing Signal Officer
- Afterwards unknown