From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
The cell constructed for Valerii (Pegasus
A brig is a compartment that serves as detention space aboard a ship. Persons confined to the brig are informally said to be "in hack" (Miniseries, "The Captain's Hand").
Galactica has several brigs. One has at least two small cells with bunks and a desk to the outside the observe the prisoners and handle visitors. The other brig has one larger cell with no commodities for high-security prisoners. There is usually a Marine guard standing watch inside the room. In the high-security brig, there are usually around four.
After Sharon Valerii is revealed as a Cylon, Colonel Tigh orders the construction of a third reinforced brig, built for the specific purpose of containing captured humanoid Cylons, who possess strength far greater than a human, for an extended period (Resistance). The new Cylon brig is constructed with maximum security in mind; instead of having simple bars, its walls consist of metal grid screens welded tightly together, reinforced by composite plastics and a telephone is used to communicate between the inside and outside of the cell.
After being brought to Galactica, Caprica-Valerii is detained within the new Cylon brig. She spends over a year in this cell, but after Admiral Adama strikes a friendship with her, he allows her to decorate it almost like real quarters, with tables, chairs, a couch and other amenities (Occupation).
Pegasus has a more advanced brig than Galactica, with composite plastic walls instead of metal bars, and computer ID recognition cards required for entry ("Pegasus", "Resurrection Ship, Part I").
Notable characters who have spent time in the brig are:
- Sharon Valerii, exposed as a humanoid Cylon, for shooting Adama (Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II).
- Lee Adama, for mutiny ("Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II". On parole up to "Resistance").
- Galen Tyrol, under suspicion of conspiring with Valerii (Resistance). Also confined to Pegasus's brig by Admiral Cain for the death of Lt. Alastair Thorne (Pegasus).
- Karl Agathon, together with Tyrol for the above mentioned death of Lt. Thorne.
- Cally Henderson, for "discharging a firearm without permission" (killing Valerii in a crowded hallway) (Resistance).
- Caprica-Valerii, detained while serving as a Cylon informant in the special Cylon brig ("Home, Part II" through "Precipice").
- Joe Palladino, for the attempted murder of a superior officer (Final Cut)
- Gina Inviere, detained and tortured in Pegasus's brig as a humanoid Cylon ("Pegasus", "Razor").
- Royan Jahee, detained aboard Galactica for involvement in the Demand Peace movement (Epiphanies).
- Asha Janik, for acts of sabotage on Galactica's Viper ammunition (Epiphanies).
- Cole Taylor, placed in Pegasus's brig by Commander Barry Garner for insubordination (The Captain's Hand).
- Cavil copies, one serving as a brother, the second found on Caprica, placed in Galactica’s brig as humanoid Cylons (Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II).