|Role||Viper/Raptor pilot, battlestar Galactica|
|Portrayed by||Leo Li Chiang|
|Tattooed pilot is a Cylon|
|Tattooed pilot is a Final Five Cylon|
|Tattooed pilot is a Human/Cylon Hybrid|
|Tattooed pilot is an Original Series Cylon|
|Tattooed pilot in the separate continuity|
The man dubbed the tattooed pilot is a large, bald, tattooed pilot stationed on Galactica. His tattoos include a tiger on his left arm and a dragon on his right arm. He has been seen piloting both Vipers and Raptors.
The pilot is often seen playing card games such as Triad or Dead Man's Chest. He can be seen at a card game during the crisis after the water tanks were sabotaged, playing with Kara Thrace and Gaius Baltar (Water).
The tattooed pilot is present at a briefing when Kara Thrace is acting as CAG during Lee Adama's absence from ship (Bastille Day). He is later seen walking through a corridor near where a copy of Aaron Doral blew himself up (Litmus).
He is again playing with Starbuck, Racetrack, Lieutenant Tucker "Duck" Clellan and Lieutenant Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza when, after his return from Caprica, Lieutenant Karl "Helo" Agathon comes to the playing table and is treated as a persona non grata by everyone except Starbuck (Flight of the Phoenix).
When Galactica is defending the Colonial mining ship Majahual during its twenty-nine days of mining operations, he is seen partying with other pilots and drinking a shooter out of a female pilot's belly button (Scar).
Shortly after the exodus from New Caprica, he sits at a table in the rec room behind Kara Thrace and Felix Geata (Collaborators).
The tattooed pilot is playing "Dead Man's Chest" with Starbuck, Hot Dog, Captain Louanne "Kat" Katraine and Lieutenant Noel "Narcho" Allison, a former pilot for Pegasus, when Helo asks for a callsign for Sharon Agathon and submits his own proposal: "Chrome dome" (Torn).
During the food shortage, he is present at a briefing before the passage through the star cluster, takes parts in one of the trips through it, and watches Admiral Adama making Kat's posthumous promotion official by switching her name on the pilot roster with Lee Adama's (The Passage).
At a pilot's daily mission briefing, some 49 days since the last Cylon encounter, he sits down between Hot Dog and Helo after the latter moves one seat over to tease Hot Dog about his rash in the pubic region (A Day in the Life).
During Lee Adama's retirement party in the rec-room, he plays a strip version of Triad with Hot Dog and Racetrack (Six of One).
Following the battle, D'Anna holds the entire compliment of Colonials on the baseship upon returning to the fleet, and is later seen with Hotdog and several other pilots behind forced down a corridor past President Laura Roslin and Gaius Baltar's quarters by two centurions and a Number Eight, who threatens to kill themin the corridor if they didn't hurry up (Revelations).
He is later seen leaving the officer's mess with a fellow pilot and Starbuck when Lieutenant Felix Gaeta starts to plot mutiny with other like-minded individuals. He had joined Starbuck and a fellow officer in leaving after Gaeta's comments to the recently returned from the dead pilot (A Disquiet Follows My Soul).
His position during the mutiny is unknown ("The Oath", "Blood on the Scales"), however he was later seen when Hotdog was talking about Adama's talk of a rescue mission for Hera Agathon (Daybreak, Part I), so it is assumed he was a loyalist to Adama.
- According to Leo Li Chiang, who plays the tattooed pilot, he "rarely leaves the pilot's rec room, but is always up for a game of Triad or a shot of Ambrosia, manages to get all the other pilots to keep the room tidy"
- Despite appearing in a number of episodes, he has not been named yet on screen. He might be one from the list of mentioned-only pilots. Although he has not been given an official callsign by the writers yet, he is often referred to by fans as "Salty" or "Dragon". Bradley Thompson stated: "If we give him a name, you won't have the fun of trying to guess what it is."
- Despite saying only one line in the whole series so far, he is one of the most memorable Galactica pilots due to his appearance.
- He is wearing a Viper patch on his flight suit in "A Day in the Life", but has been shown with a Raptor patch in some earlier episodes.
- The actor, Leo Li Chiang, states that he also appeared in the Miniseries.