References in Galactica 1980
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
|Part of the series on|
- Stockwell's passphrase to the resistance leader references the book The Moon and Sixpence (Galactica Discovers Earth, Part II).
- Scenes of the city being devastated by the earthquake were used to show the Cylon attack on Earth in Galactica 1980, which were overlaid with special effects of Cylon attack scenes from the Original Series (Galactica Discovers Earth, Part I).
- Troy, Dillon and the Super Scouts are watching an old science fiction movie called This Island Earth, many of them noting that the mutant alien looks like a Gorkon (The Night the Cylons Landed, Part I).
- Billy Joel's "My Life" is featured twice in the series:
- In "Galactica Discovers Earth, Part I", the song is playing on the radio in Jamie Hamilton's car as she pulls up to the [[Places on Earth#gas station.
- In "The Night the Cylons Landed, Part II", the song is beginning to play in the background at the WQSL radio station, as Andromus comments that humans are unimportant to a truly efficient society.
- Linda Rondstat's version of "That'll Be the Day" plays in the background as Wolfman Jack, Andromus and Centuri walk through the halls of the radio station in "The Night the Cylons Landed, Part II".
- A broadcast with Rod Serling introducing an episode of Night Gallery is seen on Doctor Zee's monitors in "Galactica Discovers Earth, Part I".
- In another broadcast, an episode of Woody Woodpecker can be seen (Galactica Discovers Earth, Part I).
- When Jamie Hamilton introduces herself to Major Stockwell, who has ejected from his B-17 bomber, as an American, he sarcastically replies that he's Bugs Bunny (Galactica Discovers Earth, Part II).
- Scooby Doo can be seen in a play that Dillon and Troy happen across as they endeavor to avoid the NYPD in "The Night the Cylons Landed, Part II".