List of Deleted Scenes (RDM)
This list is fairly self-explanatory; these are deleted scenes that never made the final cut of the episode for any number of reasons.
When otherwise noted, all links below lead to the Sci-Fi Channel website and are playable using the Quicktime Media Player. The files are relatively small, around 1 to 2 MB; therefore, you may want to download them before you play them, should you be on a narrowband (e.g. dialup modem) connection.
- 1 Miniseries
- 2 Season One
- 3 Season Two
- 3.1 Scattered
- 3.2 Valley of Darkness
- 3.3 Fragged
- 3.4 Resistance
- 3.5 The Farm
- 3.6 Home, Part I
- 3.7 Home, Part II
- 3.8 Final Cut
- 3.9 Flight of the Phoenix
- 3.10 Pegasus
- 3.11 Pegasus Extended Version
- 3.12 Resurrection Ship, Part I
- 3.13 Resurrection Ship, Part II
- 3.14 Epiphanies
- 3.15 Black Market
- 3.16 Scar
- 3.17 Sacrifice
- 3.18 The Captain's Hand
- 3.19 Downloaded
- 3.20 Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I
- 3.21 Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II
Right now, we are not in the position of distributing or providing links to any digitized video files of these deleted scenes.
They are available on the Region 1 version of the Battlestar Galactica Miniseries DVD. Below is a list, as they appear on that DVD.
- Billy meets Laura Roslin aboard Colonial Heavy 798; Roslin has just heard that she has terminal breast cancer.
- As Apollo's Viper is about to dock with Galactica, Aaron Doral poses questions to the film crew as to why Vipers and their landings are not automated.
- Boomer and Helo make a difficult landing onboard the Galactica, replete with incomplete CGI. This scene was to separate two of the prominent sex scenes, the first with Gaius Baltar and Number Six, and the second with Boomer and Chief Tyrol. According to David Eick, his "biggest regret" is cutting the scene, as "[w]ithout it, I think we inadvertently created this idea that we were trying to be the show that was going to have lots of sex in it."Cite error: Invalid
name cannot be a simple integer. Use a descriptive title
- Cally, Socinus and Prosna talk about Valerii's and Tyrol's forbidden relationship.
- (Extended Scene) Billy and Dualla walk out of the unisex head to rejoin Commander Adama and Roslin.
- Adama remotely detonates Galactica's remaining munitions, as a part of the pre-decommissioning ceremonies. (Adama implies that his father was a military man in this scene, though we later learn that his father was a civil liberties lawyer)
- (Alternate Scene) Apollo has the Cylon missile chase him through the Colonial Fleet training range on the Trevor Moon, subsequently destroying the missile.
- Roslin and 798's crew find Apollo's Viper adrift and recover the ship.
- Starbuck and the Mark II Vipers take on three unsuspecting Cylon Raiders.
- Tyrol brings Boxey to the pilot's bunk, telling the child that the Galactica is a very lucky ship.
- Roslin and Billy discuss the current situation; Roslin questions Billy's support of her.
- Cally confronts Chief Tyrol regarding his relationship with Valerii prior to boarding Ragnar Station.
- Starbuck tells Apollo she wants a transfer.
- Roslin receives a gift from the people of Aerelon.
- Apollo tells his pilots how proud he is of them.
- Kara asks Apollo if they've passed jump 200 yet, saying it's a nice, round number.
- Roslin tells Adama that one of the freighter captains wants to break away from the fleet, and Adama takes steps to prevent it.
- Baltar talks about fluid dynamics and the fact is established that no human could have survived the interal pressures of the tank.
- Tigh has problems with his uniform; Adama tells Apollo and Tigh that the pomp and circumstance was his idea.
- Adama welcomes Roslin onboard the Galactica
- An entire subplot was cut involving Boxey spread out over several scenes. First, the opening scene where Boomer is confused about where she is and what she is doing is extended with Boomer finding a towel in her bag and using it to wipe her dirty hands. Next, Boomer returns to her room after replacing the detonator and encounters Boxey, who picks the lock on her locker and goes through her duffle bag, taking the aforementioned towel. The next scene is another extension during Tyrol's investigation of the sabotaged water tank in which he touches a piece of metal and gets dirt on his gloves of the same type Boomer wipes off at the beginning of the episode. In the next scene, Boxey accompanies Tyrol to see Boomer after she discovers water and waits outside while they talk, attempting to sell Crashdown some ambrosia he swiped from the engine room. Finally, after Boomer and Tyrol finish talking Tyrol notices Boxey is holding the towel he swiped from Boomer earlier, makes the connection between the stains on the towel and the dirt from the water tank, and realizes that Boomer may actually be responsible.
There are no deleted scenes for this episode on the official site.
- Hadrian questions Tyrol on why he checked on Boomer's ejection pyros.
- In an extended scene, Lee confronts Kara as to her feelings regarding the accident that killed their friends.
- Adama talks to Dr. Cottle regarding Starbuck's smashed knee.
- Number Six questions Baltar as to his thoughts about having sex with Laura Roslin, when Cylon Raiders can rain death upon them at any moment.
- Billy's first press conference; discussed are the "income tax" and the food distribution queue.
- In Galactica's sickbay, Kara and Lee talk about the bombing; Master-at-Arms Hadrian informs Adama and Tigh that the bomber killed a marine and took the detonation device from a small arms locker.
- In the bay, Crashdown and Boomer talk about the ramifications of the announcement that Cylons look like humans. (Prior to Boomer being taken away for questioning by Sgt. Hadrian.)
- (Extended Scene) Baltar lies to Boomer about the results of the Cylon Detector's tests; Six praises Baltar for his usage of "God" instead of "Gods".
- (Extended Scene) Kara and the Gemenon Traveller's captain briefly discuss the then-unknown IFF transponder device found on Conoy.
- CPO Tyrol informs Commander Adama and Colonel Tigh that an encrypted databurst was sent to the Galactica, presumably to a Humanoid Cylon or agents onboard.
- Dualla and Gaeta talk about sex lives.
- Baltar takes a blood sample from Starbuck; laced with sexual innuendos.
- President Roslin discusses the effects of the chamalla extract medication with Billy after the press conference.
- Col. Tigh and Ellen celebrate their seven-year anniversary. Ellen proclaims that she must always come second because Tigh is a powerful man and his job is very important; she wants the best for him.
- Chief Tyrol gets Socinus out of the brig and back to work. He makes sure to drive the point home that Socinus should never stick up for Tyrol again, but they make up.
- Apollo and Starbuck go on their morning jog and Apollo's jokes about her sex life hit home. Meanwhile, Ellen confronts Adama in the hall, asking if he stands a watch in the CIC.
- Billy worries about the effects of the chamalla on President Roslin. They also both discuss the difficulty and the neccesity of now letting go of the past and what was lost.
- Tigh asks Elosha why humans left Kobol and Baltar tries unsuccessfully to apologize to Kara.
- Crashdown and Apollo visit Boomer to cheer her up.
- Baltar decides that Six should stay behind when he goes to Kobol. He basically puts their relationship on hold.
- (Extended Scene) Billy more strongly objects to Roslin's newfound religious destiny than in the final cut.
- Roslin defends her course of action to Apollo by citing excerpts from the Scriptures that have come true but Apollo swears by his military training.
- Note: Both of these deleted scenes were included in the online version of this episode, which was made available by the Sci-Fi Channel late June 2005.
- A flashback to the first meeting of Saul Tigh and Bill Adama, shortly after the First Cylon war.
- Colonel Tigh gets a call from Ellen, who is scared. Tigh tells her about the gun he has loaded in his quarters and orders her to hunker down and shoot anything that "moves without knocking first". She frightfully hunkers down in a corner of their quarters with the gun drawn (Season 2.0 DVD).
- Six warns Gaius to abandon his Raptor crew. Six also tells Gaius that he will be the only one to see Earth.
- President Roslin has a nightmare in which Billy disagrees with her decision to search for the Arrow of Apollo, and attacks her.
- Starbuck and Helo discuss Sharon; Commander Adama & Co. track Roslin and find Elosha's body; Roslin asks Apollo if she has made a mistake.
- Billy tells Roslin that he is an atheist; Apollo apologizes to his father saying his mutiny was not based on their relationship.
- (Extended Scene) Roslin and Adama give D'Anna full access, while Roslin tells Adama he'll get to make the final cut.
- Kara is at Galactica's memorial wall and seems depressed that she has no one to leave a memorial for herself.
- Starbuck reacts to the Tyrol/Helo fight; The Cylon logic-bomb virus makes a the engines start up on a Viper that Seelix was working on an Tyrol chews her out.
- Cally tells Tyrol she's not sorry she killed Boomer, that it had to be done, and Tyrol does not forgive her.
- Number Six's missing scene from this episode; In CIC, she reacts to Adama's dismisal of Baltar and says he'll see something truly amazing today.
There are no deleted scenes for this episode on the official site, nor in the Season 2.0 DVD set. Possibly this is because almost all of these deleted scenes were re-edited into the Director's Cut of "Pegasus" included in the Season 2.5 DVD set.
There are no deleted scenes from this episode on the Season 2.5 DVD set.
- Dualla visits Lee Adama, who is pouring himself a drink. Dualla informs him that Pegasus wants to know about his ETA back to Pegasus. Lee tells her to notify them that he is on his way back and as corrects her on his lower rank of Lieutenant. He goes on to tell her that the rank change doesn't really matter to him anymore and that he isn't sure about what does. They discuss how "frakked up things are" at present and talk about the arrival of Pegasus as well as the choices Pegasus made. Lee emotes that the reasons for them going out there and fighting and dying aren't clear to him anymore. He then leaves.
There are no deleted scenes from this episode on the Season 2.5 DVD set.
There are no deleted scenes from this episode on the Season 2.5 DVD set.
The following scenes are from the Season 2.5 DVD unless otherwise noted.
- Scene 5: Lee gives Shevon, his prostitute, an extra 100 cubits to buy "something nice for Paya". In return, Shevon gives Lee a small picture holder, which was her father's. Despite his objections, Lee takes the picture holder, which is traded for information in a later scene aboard Prometheus. That scene was also deleted as well.
- Scene 9/10: Hoshi discovers the body of Commander Jack Fisk, after the latter has been garroted by Phelan's henchman.
- Scene 18: On Galactica's flight deck, Lee exits the Raptor only to be welcomed aboard by Anastasia Dualla, who is asked to direct Lee to Admiral Adama's quarters. Dualla confronts Lee regarding his avoidance of her, telling him that she overheard what he told Starbuck after the destruction of the Resurrection Ship. He claims that he was "sick, delerious" and that "whatever [he] was feeling, [he] never meant to dump it on [her]". She calls him out on it, claiming that she thought she was the only one who sometimes believed that she was "better off on Caprica" with the dead. He then chastises her voicing this feeling, despite harboring it himself. After climbing up the ladder to the upper deck, he gets a flashback of looking down on Gianne, his former fiancé, with whom he broke up with prior to the Cylon attack.
- Note: Dee is from Sagittaron, not Caprica.
- Scene 25: Lee reports to Pegasus's CIC. He asks to report to Commander Trammel, but Pegasus's new XO, Renner, informs Lee that Trammel is on his way to Galactica for "meet and greet" with Adama. When Lee requests to see all logs, duty rosters and security reports, Renner begins his spiel about running warships for 20 years and is insulted that Pegasus crew are not running the investigation. Renner also laments that Pegasus was fine until "Galactica showed up" and that Adama can take his investigation and go "frak himself"; Lee pins Renner to the table, saying that there was a time where he would have agreed with him. Renner orders the readied Marines to stand down. Lee then warns Renner that if he should "say another word against my father, [that] next time, you won't get up" and leaves the CIC.
- Scene 39 (extended): Lee regains consciousness in Shevon's quarters on Cloud 9 after being attack by Phelan's men. When he goes to lay down on the bed after the altercation, the scene transitions to a flashback where Shevon talks to Lee about Gianne, commenting that it's a "pretty name"; Lee reveals that it took him weeks to pronounce it correctly, although Gianne never corrected him, and that Gianne herself hated the name since no one could ever pronounce it correctly. After she comments that he must have truly loved her, he remarks that he wondered whether he really did. The flashback ends, resuming on the carcass of Fisk's killer with a bullet hole in his head and Lee calling for help.
- Scene 46-46A: Lee is on Prometheus attempting to find Phelan. When walking the corridors, Lee is stopped by Linden. Lee asks Linden where Phelan is, but he doesn't reveal anything until Lee gives him something to trade. After a slight altercation, Lee trades off Shevon's pocket picture holder and gets his information which leads him to Phelan's bar. Lee opens the hatch and is stopped by a guard, who he disables, as well as a second guard that comes charging down the corridor. As Lee is viciously punching this second guard, a third henchman surprises Lee by putting a gun to his head, commenting: "Ever get the feeling that your living the same bad day again?"
- Scene 47 (extended): Lee attempts to comfort Shevon after killing Phelan at the table. Shevon rebukes Lee, saying that she can never be Gianne. There is a brief flashback when Lee tells Shevon that Gianne was pregnant; Lee comments that he didn't think he was ready to be a father.
- Scene 5: Extended scene. Joseph Clark asks why the Cylon ace is called Scar, to which Kat replies that nuggets are "easy pickings". Clellan comments on Brent Baxton's watch, saying that BB should leave his watch to him so that he doesn't have to bid on it at auction. Clellan saunters out of the pilots bunk, leaving the two nuggets bewildered about Clellan's comments about an "auction"... which we go to. At the auction, Lee Adama is auctioning off a copy of "Nymph", which Brendan Constanza wins. During this, Clellan looks at Baxton while pointing at his watch, which results in a concerned look on Braxton's face, as Braxton looks at his own watch.
- Scene 8 pt.: Kara Thrace attempts to jump over the tables in the officer's lounge. In this version, Karl Agathon attempts to pick up Thrace, but eventually sets her down in a corner nook of the lounge. Clark asks Adama whether its always "like this", to which Adama replies that it is not and "it gets a little rowdy". The scene ends when Thrace begins to tear up.
- Scene 21: The scripted version. Felix Gaeta announces Laura Roslin's arrival in CIC, to which everyone stands at attention. Once at ease, Roslin goes on to inform them that the mining ship has broken another drill bit, meaning a delay of eight more days. Saul Tigh does not react well to this and goes on to say that it isn't easy sending kids off to a shooting gallery; Tigh advocates that they should just take the metal they have mined and cut their losses. Roslin replies that the mining team has discovered a rich vein of ore, enough to build two entire squadrons of Vipers. The good news is that the Pegasus' production team has turned out its first combat ready viper. Roslin sternly informs Tigh that he must respect this operation, for it is vital to the long term survival of the Fleet. After the discussion ends, a firefight is heard over the wireless, which results in Snake's death. Roslin then asks whether the destruction of the Resurrection Ship resulted in a change of Cylon tactics, which William Adama replies that Thrace is working on it. The scene ends in Sharon's brig, where Sharon says that Scar may have died a dozen times.
- Scene 36 pt.: Extended scene. Lee Adama tells Thrace that bright, shiny futures are overrated. Inebriated, Thrace asks whether Adama can picture himself with a wife, to which both hysterically laugh at the prospect. Thrace continues on this line of joking, saying that the Gods would give Adama a porch swing. Adama admits that he "thought about it once" and thought that a "stinky rugrat" (Thrace's words) would be nice.
- Scene 63-64: Alternate ending. Kat is walking through the rememberance hall, where she hangs a picture of Reilly's girlfriend. Meanwhile, Thrace is praying over her Lords of Kobol figurines, promising to return for Samuel Anders.
- Scene 1-2: The scripted version of the flashback pertaining to Ray Abinell's death. Here, Abinell is on the phone to his wife, telling her that he is finishing up work on replacing heat sensors on Greenleaf. He then looks out the window and sees dozens of Cylon Raiders. Hurriedly, he says his goodbye to Sesha and hangs up, running down the corridor as a raider begins its strafing run. The windows of the compartment he is in are compromised and Abinell, despite his vain effort to hold on to piping that runs along the corridor, is sucked out into space.
- Scene 9: This is an extended scene. This scene starts off with Commander Garner berating Kara Thrace for not keeping track of her pilots' whereabouts or situation. In this scene, Hoshi is relieved of his post, and replaced with Abel Thornton, after failing to inform Garner that a Raptor was requesting launch clearance. Garner goes on to state that there is no excuse for the lack of cohesion that is apparent in Pegasus' crew.
- Scene 35: Thrace and Lee Adama argue over giving Garner respect; Thrace believes that the people should have a leader worthy of their respect. The scene ends when a call for flight deck personnel to report to their stations is made.
- Scenes 62-68: Alternate scene. The scenes that did not make the final cut for "The Captain's Hand" are the ones pertaining to Rya Kibby's attempted suicide after her abortion. Laura Roslin is looking out a window on Colonial One. Meanwhile, an orderly on Galactica discovers that Rya Kibby has overdosed on pills and lays on the sickbay bed, unconscious and with a rosary in her hand. The orderly presses what appears to be an alarm button on the panel above the bed. In a scene that made the final cut, we jump back to Colonial One, where Tory Foster brings in Sarah Porter, the Gemonese delegate to the Quorum of Twelve. Porter begins attacking Roslin over not prosecuting Kibby for going through with the abortion. Roslin replies that the grant for asylum came before the law was signed and thus no laws have been broken; Roslin also adds that Porter has her "pound of flesh" and suggests that "you take your victory and move on". Back in Galactica's sickbay, Doctor Cottle and nurses attempt to resucitate Kibby and ultimately succeed in doing so.
- Scene 69 pt.: Lee Adama jokingly asks Kara Thrace whether she has a brain. As they hug, Anastasia Dualla walks in; Thrace excuses herself and states that she'll put the boots outside for them. Dualla then states that "you're not going to tell me about promotions, are you?" and discuss Adama's promotion to commander of Pegasus and how their relationship will work now that they are separated from one another physically; they begin to make out after Dualla asks whether or not Thrace was joking about the boots outside the door.
The following scenes are from the Season 2.5 DVD unless otherwise noted.
- Scene 32: Laura Roslin visits Hera in Galactica's sickbay and tearfully thanks her for saving her life.
- Scene 34-36: Gaius Baltar visits Gina on Cloud 9 in an attempt to convince her to orchestrate Hera's theft. Gina resists as she views Caprica Sharon as a deserter and her "half-breed child" to be no better, she also scoffs Baltar's attempts to convince her on religious grounds; Baltar's Six appears and reiterates her view that Gina is a "broken machine" who has lost her faith in God. Gina bluntly reminds Baltar that Roslin is leading him by 3 points in the current polls, which is what his energies should be focused upon. Baltar fine tunes his argument, ultimately convincing Gina that the theft of a Cylon child from Galactica would be politically destructive as it would undermine Roslin's credibility as a wartime leader.
- Scene 34-36 (continued): D'anna Biers, Tory Foster and Roslin hold a meeeting on Colonial One, where Biers attempts to convince Roslin to grant her exclusive access to Hera as word of the birth has apparently spread throughout the Fleet. After the discussion, Roslin agrees, as it would be beneficial for both parties: people can see the Cylon child as looking the same as a normal human child and Biers gets exclusive pictures.
- Scene 48: Biers and Gina are on Cloud 9 discussing how they will take the child. In her camera case, Biers has built a life-support system to secret the child off Galactica, which is hidden in the bulky case. When Biers claims that "little Hera will be comfortable" in the contraption, Gina retorts that the child should not be named after a human god. When briefly discussing what they should call her, Gina says "just call her 13", which Biers favorably responds to.
- Scene 54: Biers is outside of sickbay with a Marine and Layne Ishay. Ishay tells her that Biers can't see the baby. As Biers attempts to gain access, noting that Roslin herself approved the visit, Helo calls Biers a "stupid frakking vulture" when telling her that Hera is dead. Ishay claims that the baby died 20 minutes ago, which shocks Biers.
- Scene 63D: Galen Tyrol is walking on the upper level of the maintenance deck. There are flashes of his dream of falling from this upper level. Over it all, Cavil is consoling the Chief, telling him that his fear is that he fears he is a Cylon, like Sharon and he should die.
- Scene 78: Commander Lee Adama is laying in his bunk on Pegasus. Dualla is also present getting dressed after their sexual encounter; she comments that Adama hasn't signed the papers and she is a courier on official business. Dualla asks him whether or not he believes Roslin will lose to Baltar, Adama replies that while he doesn't know, she is a fighter and tells Dualla that Roslin may be on the wrong side of the colonization issue. He also voices his concern that Kara Thrace has yet to return from her SAR mission to Caprica.
- Scene 121: Tyrol talks to Cally about Cavil over the Deck Gang's homemade liquor, who has been revealed as another Humanoid Cylon. He remarks that Cavil almost got him to believe that he was a Cylon and that the two Cavil's were thrown out of an airlock the night before. Cally tries to drink the liquor, but can't handle it, to which they both giggle. Cally then slowly approaches Tyrol and kisses him, much to his surprise, to which Cally replies "What, you didn't know?"
- Scene 123B: Baltar is on a Raptor where he has flashbacks of meeting Gina on Pegasus and their subseqent encounters on Cloud 9. This Raptor is headed to Cloud 9, where Baltar enters the ship through a hatch where two Marines are waiting and one follows to close the hatch. He is saluted by a fourth Marine as he enters a more decorative part of Cloud 9.
- Scene 141: Baltar is sitting on Colonial One. Admiral William Adama gives the newly elected president news of Cloud 9's destruction, stating that they believe the nuclear warhead was stolen from his lab on Galactica and that the warhead was smuggled onboard Cloud 9 by a Humanoid Cylon. As Adama explains his belief that this incident might be the first step to a Cylon attack within the Fleet, Baltar is having flashbacks of being tended to by Gina, as she dresses him after their sexual encounter. Baltar rebukes Adama's attempts to tighten internal security and instead believes that their first priority is to the people, and to see that they are safely established on New Caprica. Once that is done, he believes that the tragedy would be put behind them. Adama bluntly retorts that Baltar is not listening; he replies that "I don't have to listen. I'm the president." Baltar orders that "Settlement begins and begins now". After Adama leaves, Baltar remembers the sad look on Gina's face the final time he saw her.