Galactica 1980 3
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
|Galactica 1980 #3|
An issue of the Dynamite series.
Anthony "Tao" Tan
|Cover Artist(s)||Lucio Parrillo|
|Galactica 1980 2||Galactica 1980 #3||Galactica 1980 4|
|Available at BOOKSAMILLION.COM - Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at Things From Another World - Purchase|
- In the Presidential Emergency Operations Center beneath the East Wing of the White House, the American president is being briefed on the Colonial invasion.
- Los Angeles has been destroyed by the Soviet nuclear retaliatory strike, as have missile silos in Witchita. Colonial forces are reported to be landing outside the Capitol.
- The decision is made to evacuate the president and vice president to the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center per the Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Outside, Troy carries Adama on his back as he watches Colonial pilots combating American forces on the ground.
- As Troy crosses the street, he is almost run over by Felix Mortinson. Troy pulls his laser pistol on Mortinson and tells him to stand back.
- Mortinson tells Troy that he is going to help him, astonishing Troy with his use of Caprican. Mortinson corrects him, saying that he is speaking ancient Aramaic. It is apparent that his vocabulary in the language is not perfect.
- The two look up to see Marine One evacuating the president. Mortinson insists that Troy comes to speak with the president to resolve the misunderstanding between the Colonials and Earth. Troy agrees, but promises to kill Mortinson if the meeting is a trick.
- Rising Star flies over New York City, with flames throughout the city caused by the invasion.
- Onboard, Colonel Boomer approaches Dr. Gaius Zee, who is monitoring the invasion on viewscreens. Boomer informs Zee that Adama is alive, having been seen with Troy by Colonial forces near the Capitol. He accuses Zee of lying to both him and the Quorum of Twelve.
- Zee ignores him and instead talks about how his studies of Earth have taught him an impressive axiom: "The ends justify the means."
- Boomer angrily notes that Earth had invited the Fleet to Earth in peace, only to have it invaded due to Zee's lust for power.
- Zee rebukes him, telling him that the invasion was necessary due to the imminent arrival of the Cylons, who will reach Earth in less than a centar. To prevent a full-scale genocide, Zee needs control of all Earth military forces.
- Zee argues that Adama would not have been able to bring himself to do what was necessary to defeat the Cylons, a proposition he thinks Boomer agrees with.
- En route to Mount Weather, Troy tells Mortinson to stop driving so fast; Moritinson notes that his speed is the least of their problems. After Adama awakens in the back seat, Troy briefs him on the situation. He believes that Mortinson finding them is an act of divine providence.
- This comic's title is "Experiment In Terra," an obvious nod to the Battlestar Galactica episode of the same name.
- For the first time, the President of the United States is identified as Jimmy Carter.
- Baltar notes in his conversation to Lucifer that humanity created the Cylons. In the Original Series and its spinoff, from which this comic is based, the Cylons were created by a reptilian race.
- Baltar: What a mess of things you appear to have made, Adama. Invading Earth... that was my dream.
- Lucifer: You possess an interesting human affectation, Baltar. This speaking to Adama as if he's listening.
- Baltar: But he is, Lucifer. Wherever he is, deep in his soul, he's thinking exactly what I am. We're not all that different, he and I. As the Colonials' decision to invade and conquer Earth demonstrates.
- Lucifer: Nevertheless, it seems an illogical move, this attack on their own kind.
- Baltar: It's only illogical to a Cylon, Lucifer. Remember that long before humanity invented you, we invented conquest.
- Lucifer: Humanity may have given the universe conquest, Baltar. But we Cylons perfected its art.
- Baltar: Deploy your troops then, Lucifer. And show me.
- Galactica 1980 3 at Dynamite Entertainment