Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions
This page serves as the central hub for standards used in writing articles on Battlestar Wiki. Discussion on new or established standards and conventions listed in this section should be discussed on the talk page.
This set of pages are not designed to supersede other projects or policies. Some overlap is expected, but project-specific standards and conventions should be moved to their project page, if one exists or a page created for a project, if one does not.
|Battlestar Wiki's Standards and Conventions|
|Battlestar Wiki Policy|
Article Standards & Conventions
|Sysop ← Interaction → User|
Here is an overview of the standards and conventions sections.
- Page Formatting: This covers our preferences on Wiki syntax over HTML, in addition to how to format images and categories.
- Article Prose and Grammar: Discusses our use of present tense for a majority of our articles, as well as how to properly format titles, using names vs. callsigns, etc.
- Cast and Crew Biographies: Covers how to write and format a biographical article on cast, crew, and people involved with the various series.
- Episode Guides: Tackles what an analysis and questions section of our episode guides should look like.
- Disambiguations: Tackles why those pesky little "(TOS)" and "(RDM)" suffixes are added to article names, as well as how to properly format a disambiguation page.
- Quote of the Day pages: Tackles how to properly format a quote page for the "Quote of the Day" feature.