A virus is a non-living pathogen with biological processes that can interrupt cellular activity.
In computer terms, a virus can also be a set of programming instructions, surreptitiously inserted into another computer or network, that can interrupt, alter or stop the functionality of other computer programs.
Please select a specific reference that is related to "virus":
- For information on Cylon computer attack history in the Re-imagined Series, see Cylon computer virus.
- For information on the Colonial flight operating system software which is compromised by Caprica Six in the Miniseries, see Command Navigation Program.
- For information on the Colonial computer defenses used in the Cylon War, see Galactica type battlestar#Computer Systems.
- For information on a Colonial illness that affects the Fleet in the episode, "The Woman King", see Mellorak infection.
- For information on a ancient Colonial illness that kills an entire Cylon baseship and its denizens, see Lymphocytic encephalitis.
- For information on an ailment that incapacitates almost all of Galactica's Colonial Warriors in the Original Series episode, "Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I", see Otarsis virus.
- For information on a virus that affects Galactica's crew in the separate continuity comic, Battlestar Galactica 2, see Returner virus.
- For information on the compound that destroys viruses in the Galactica Discovers Earth novelization, see viruscide.