Welcome to Battlestar Wiki!
Welcome to the Wiki, CoreyDanian. Feel free to tell us about yourself on your user page. Before you get started on other edits, please read the Standards and Conventions, which details the policies we use in editing pages (this differs from many other wikis in its particular use of verb tense, abbreviations, formatting, and the like). If you need help in learning how to use the MediaWiki tools supported here, you can check out the tutorial and the wiki markup code pages for assistance.
We encourage you to participate in any projects on Battlestar Wiki, which work to enhance a particular subject or extension of the wiki. These include the Original Series Article Development Project and several language translations of Battlestar Wiki. If you have a new idea for a new project, visit the Think Tank, where we hash out large-scale ideas before implementing them.
Also, if you have any questions or suggestions you wish to offer, please feel free to do so either on an article's talk page that's relevant to the subject, the Wikipedian Quorum or the Administrators' noticeboard. Remember to sign your posts on any talk pages using four tildes (~~~~)!
Officiai Information and Questions
Hi, Corey, and welcome to the wiki! I've answered a handful of questions in talk articles. Be sure to visit Battlestar Wiki:Citation Jihad. It should answer your questions about what we use here for official information. Sadly, we can't verify (or have verified) that many websites make up their information (this is called fan fiction) and so it doesn't match to what is actually on the shows. For ships and their classes, for instance, if we know an official name that's been aired, we use it. Otherwise, we use descriptive names, either ones we generate ourselves or ones used on official sites, of which Sci-Fi.com is the only one. We also have a few rules on how we like to write things; you already know one (in italicing ship names). Visit Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions for more. Be bold and have fun, but also use the search tool to look for information before adding it in; we're pretty quick here to add every little detail we see! But you might see something we don't! Have fun. --Spencerian 22:53, 2 October 2006 (CDT)
Six tubed vessel
- Six tubed vessel, seen throughout the fleet and jumping away from New Caprica at the end of "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"
Now ive seen this clip and I am not sure which ship you mean? You did not add any details about the ship to its own page so its stayed a broken link for a while now. Are you sure its not the same as the Five-engined vessel? (see right) --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 07:51, 15 May 2007 (CDT)
- I moved your new article to Tubed-vessel because there is nothing to suggest that this ship is a tanker of any sort and thus that is considered fanwanking. I also added a few categories and tidyied it up a bit. It still needs a lot fo work to bring the quality up however and most importantly it needs a picture because I am not convinced that this ship is different to the Five-engined vessel which also has tube like appendages on its sides. --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 02:56, 17 May 2007 (CDT)
I see you have created two new pages for the Yellow vessel and Long Neck vessel. these pages are a bit stubby and need more details, especially a screenshot to determine if indeed they are new ships or just odd angles of already identified ones. The ship template will also need to be filled out. You can see an example here --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 03:33, 3 September 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah, screenshots are a must. I know what he means with the Long Neck vessel. I'll try to see if I can get the other one. --Serenity 04:30, 3 September 2007 (CDT)
- The Long-necked vessel has been identified as a new type of ship. It doesn't fit with any of the other confirmed ships we have article on so it must be one of the named but not see ships like the wedge and tubed vessels. However I am struggling to identify this "yellow" vessel. I don't seem to see it at all. Clear screenshots or timestamps are a must so that I can check this. --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 07:28, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
- To clarify, I think you mean the vessel on the left when the explosion is already underway. The problem is that we can't get a clear screenshot from that. You mentioned "Flesh and Bone" and "Black Market", but I don't see it there (at least not in the first establishing shots). So it would be nice if you could take a clear picture of it, which we can include in the article. --Serenity 11:00, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
- Hi. I have noticed, thet a second Astral queen is in the Fleet. Look at the Fleet in "Colonial day" Minute 32:16. The ship in the upper left looks like the Astral queen bottom right. In this shot you can also see the Enterprise behind the Space park. Another good shot is in "Scattered" Minute 36:52. One Ship in the top left and the oteher bottom right. What do you think? --Enabran 10:31, 30 January 2008 (CST)