Classic Battlestar Galactica 4
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
An issue of the Dynamite series.
|Cover Artist(s)||Dave Dorman|
|Collects||Dorman Virgin Cover|
|Collected in||Classic Battlestar Galactica|
|Classic Battlestar Galactica 3||Issue 4||Classic Battlestar Galactica 5|
|Available at BOOKSAMILLION.COM - Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at Things From Another World - Purchase|
- The survivors of Maytoria, led by Starbuck and Boomer, attempt escape from the Cylon-occupied world.
- Colonel Tigh alerts Commander Adama that surveillance probes they had left on Maytoria reveal a newly-created Galactica-specific distress signal from the planet. While Tigh is hopeful, Adama is cautious, knowing it unlikely that either Colonial Warrior would reveal that newer code to the Cylons, but still wary. Adama chooses not to do anything; going back for the two could jeapardize the Fleet.
- On Maytoria, the remains of the human population storm the Cylon loading platform, trying to hold off or destroy waves of Centurion platoons. One Centurion grabs a human in a fistfight, saying "Resistance is futile." The Cylon is destroyed by another human, Srep, as everyone makes their way to a Cylon personnel carrier.
- One of the civilians, Freg, is shot and orders Boomer and his team to leave without him. They refuse and carry him along. Srep is shot and killed as the group find the carrier and try to figure out how to fly it: Boomer is injured and is the only qualified pilot.
- Just then, Starbuck and Stadra Ah Mun, believed dead, appear in the carrier, ready to lend a hand.
- Starbuck is able to pilot the carrier away, but soon it is pursued and attacked by four Cylon Raiders.
- By luck, while trying to figure out the workings of the carrier's weapons systems, Starbuck ejects some cargo containers, which slams into one Raider, forces a second to careen into the third and fourth fighters, eliminating the initial threat. Impressed, Stadra kisses Starbuck.
- Freg's daughter finds her father, happy to see him.
- Counting their blessings, Starbuck and Boomer commiserate that they hadn't find any data on Earth when Stadra enters with a downloaded databank of Maytoria's central library with data that might be salvation for humanity. Stadra warns Starbuck that the data won't matter unless they find Galactica.
- As Adama consider a close approach to the Maytorian system for a last hopeful look, scanners detect a Cylon craft -- a freighter. Rigel tells Adama that life forms are aboard, but the readings aren't clear.
- Aboard the freighter, Starbuck can't figure out how to make a communications reply to Galactica, but, in his luck, Starbuck inadventently opens a channel successfully, and Galactica gets to see Starbuck and Boomer arguing about their plight.
- Adama interrupts their argument. Boomer requests medical teams standby for casualties on their ship.
- As Starbuck enters the landing bay, Athena and Cassiopeia are there to greet him. Unfortunately for Starbuck, Stadra Ah Mun is close by. Neither are pleased at all by Starbuck's womanizing behavior. Stadra moves on as well, leaving Starbuck to stammer about the complexities of women.
- Later, Adama notes that the data from Maytoria was invaluable to their search, and toasts the Maytoria refugees. They plan to convert the Cylon carrier into a home for yet another addition to the ships of the Fleet.
- Stadra, Athena and Cassiopeia talk amongst themselves, making jokes between themselves about Starbuck, who is becoming increasing paranoid that the three are discussing his shortcomings.
- On the freighter, a Command Centurion appears from a hidden storage area, along with a platoon of Centurions and one IL-series Cylon. Apparently, it was the intention of the Cylons to allow the Maytorians to escape and them sneak themselves aboard Galactica.
- Stadra Ah Mun and Starbuck talk about the future and how he feels much differently about Stadra than Athena or Cassie. As they kiss, a blaster bolt rings out.
- A lifeless Stadra collapses in Starbuck's arms as he is surrounded by the Cylon boarding party.
- This is likely a Star Trek in-joke to the Borg, a cybernetic race.
- Classic Battlestar Galactica 4 - Regular Edition at Dynamite Entertainment