|Role:||Civilian scientific research ship|
|Fate:||Abandoned. Flown into a sun with the rest of the Fleet (TRS: "Daybreak, Part II")|
Celestra is an extended-duration research ship, in service with the Colonials by the tenth year of the First Cylon War. Prior to William Adama and Coker Fasjovik receiving their orders for a "milk run", a crewman on the Celestra can be heard contacting the Galactica's CIC. The ship was then operating under Virgon registry (TRS: "Blood and Chrome").
Celestra survives the fleet's four-year voyage from the the Twelve Colonies to the unknown planet where the last surviving humans and rebel Cylons eventually settle. After the population of the fleet votes to abandon its advanced technology, Celestra is remotely piloted into the planet's sun along with the remaining ships (TRS: "Daybreak, Part II").
- Celestra is first seen near the end of Part II of the Miniseries, emerging from the Ragnar Anchorage vortex under covering fire from Galactica during the Cylon assault, as well as in the first-season episode "Water." Part of it is visible to the left of Colonial One in the shot before Roslin speaks to Lee Adama.
- The special effects company for the Re-imagined Series created the SFX rendering of Celestra in this article.
- The ship was mentioned on the official Battlestar Galactica web site hosted by the Sci Fi Channel.
- Striker appears to be of the same configuration as Celestra.
- The ship's name and design is an homage to the Original Series ship from the episode "Take the Celestra".
- Ships of this class were in use by the Colonial military during the First Cylon war (Blood and Chrome).