Berzerk type cruiser
|Berzerk type cruiser|
|Propulsion:||* 6x sublight engines |
* Maneuvering engines
|Armaments:||* 2x main forward batteries |
* 8x supplementary batteries on the alligator head
* 10x main batteries on midsection
* 10x supplementary batteries on midsection
|Aircraft:||* Viper support |
* Raptor support
|Aviation facilities:||* 1x flight pod |
* 1x hangar deck
* Viper launch tubes
|Length:||2763 feet (842m)|
|Width:||706 feet (215m)|
|Height:||388 feet (118m)|
The Berzerk type cruiser was a battlestar group support vessel in service with the Colonial Fleet since the First Cylon War. These vessels serve as support to their respective battlestar groups, where two or three can be assigned at a time (Blood and Chrome).
The Berzerk type appears to feature similar exterior technologies as the Galactica type, with exposed ribbing and hull plating. Ships of the line also feature exposed equipment and crew areas, with many windows running along the dorsal side of the ship, a feature common to older Colonial vessels. They are about half the size of a Galactica type battlestar , and feature a similar layout, consisting of an "alligator head" fore section, a midsection consisting of the ship's hangar deck, and an aft section which houses the main sublight engines.
Ships In Class
- Based off orthographic schematics by Charles Oines - 
- During the attack on the Scorpia Fleetyards, two ships of the line can be seen here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/File:Pegasus,_Scorpion_Shipyards.jpg, and here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/File:BerzerkDocked.png. The second ship has pieces missing from its midsection.