Battlestar Wiki talk:Think Tank/Cite Templates
If this goes into effect it'd mainly impact the BW:Cite page (update it to reflect the how to use the templates), and just be a matter of getting them as we see them. It seems like a good idea to me. --Steelviper 14:16, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- I have no problem in importing these templates from Wikipedia. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 16:02, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- As much as I like Joe and often agree with him, he doesn't constitute consensus. I'll have to look at those templates you linked (running out the door now), but I think this is a sound idea. Making the Jihad's job easier is a Good Thing(tm) in my book. And... does anyone else feel often baffled by the use of link-abbreviations in discourse? I mean--BW:CITE is pretty clear, but I had to actually click to figure out what BW:CP meant on another page. Just wondering if I was the only one. --Day (Talk - Admin - SotS) 10:13, 15 July 2006 (CDT)
An Update Idea
Myself and Steel were talking and maybe we should also add a line to the BW:FA requirement:
- All cites should be in the format using the Cite templates.
- That way we'd take more of a "fix it as we find them" approach rather than any sort of effort to actively identify and replace ALL instances that need to be changes (making a checklist to work, etc). --Steelviper 09:55, 25 July 2006 (CDT)
- Vote Ends: 5 days from 11:40, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Result from Support: BW:CITE
- Add this text:
- We have imported cite templates from Wikipedia that should be used to cite all types of sources. These templates should be placed inside the <ref> tags.
- Implemented this throughout the site. Going to take a while so we should get started.
- Joe Beaudoin Jr. -
- CalculatinAvatar - Support as above --CalculatinAvatar(C-T) 13:25, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Day - Support I don't see a problem. --Day (Talk - Admin - SotS) 13:10, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Mercifull - Support
- Peter Farago - Support
- Spencerian - Support. Templates such as these are a Good Thing. But don't reinvent the wheel unless required; use them as-is from Wikipedia to save time and confusion. --Spencerian 15:15, 26 July 2006 (CDT)
- Steelviper - Support Standardized citations = good. --Steelviper 11:43, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
Note: All users are welcome to partake in the voting as well. -- Joe Beaudoin