Battlestar Galactica Cylon Bubble Machine
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
A commercial was made in 1978 to advertise its use and fun. It features two children demonstrating how to use the toy with a voice-over promoting the product.
- With the Battlestar Galactica Cylon Bubble Machine each sold separately you can makes lots and lots of shiny bubbles! You start by filling the Cylon warrior's head with bubble liquid from his body. Then you dip the bubble ring into the liquid. Blow on the tube and out come big bunches of bubbles!
- The Battlestar Galactica Cylon Bubble Machine comes with three ounce container of bubble liquid from Larami.
- The toy was produced by Larami Corp, who also produced many other low-cost toys.
- The toy and its commercial's theme were mentioned on Retrocrush's list of "The 100 Greatest TV Themes".
- In a Los Angeles Times article on the Re-imagined Series's influence on Facebook, the Facebook Fan Page for the toy was listed alongside the book The Science of Battlestar Galactica.
- Greg Pak describes his affinity for the Original Series:
- I still periodically find myself humming the tune song to the Cylon Bubble Machine commercial.
- Greg Pak describes a toy that holds still holds a special place for him now:
- I still regret never buying a Battlestar Galactica Cylon Bubble Machine.
- Battlestar Galactica Memorabilia (backup available on Archive.org) . Retrieved on 17 February 2008.
- Retrocrush (backup available on Archive.org) . Retrieved on 17 February 2008.
- Phillips, Jevon (7 January 2009). 'Battlestar Galactica' countdown: Facebook was possibly built by Cylons (backup available on Archive.org) . Retrieved on 21 August 2010.
- The Broken Frontier: Battlestar Galactica Comics Are Dynamite! (backup available on Archive.org) . (5 April 2006). Retrieved on 17 February 2008.
- Strange Horizons, Interview: Greg Pak (backup available on Archive.org) . (28 November 2005). Retrieved on 17 February 2008.