|Propulsion:||* 6x sublight engines |
* 40x maneuvering thrusters
|Role:||Carrier / battleship|
|Armaments:||* ~24x primary batteries |
* ~514x point-defense cannons
* ~12x missile tubes
|Aircraft:||* Full Viper Mk. II/Mk. III compliment |
* Full Raptor compliment
|Aviation facilities:||* 2x flight pods |
* 2x flight decks
* 80x Viper launch tubes
|Fate:||Destroyed, Battle of Sector 12, YR58 (42 years BCH)|
Ten years into the war, the ship is stationed in Sector 12 on a covert op, waiting for Graystone Industries scientist Doctor Beka Kelly. Prior to her arrival, Archeron is engaged by the Cylons in what is now known as the Battle of Sector 12, and destroyed with all hands lost. Her hull is discovered to still be largely intact, and used as a hiding ground for several Cylon Raiders, waiting to pick off any additional Colonial units that may show up. No previous indication of an attack was received prior to the arrival of Raptor 909.
Archeron's hull is later used to ward off these Raiders after the Raptor scout carrying Kelly uses the ships still active FTL pistons as an escape route (Blood and Chrome).
- Dialogue in Blood and Chrome refers to Archeron as a "heavy cruiser", however according to Doug Drexler's Facebook, the Archeron is actually a Battlestar:
- "We can forgive Beqa (sic), being a civlian, for getting it incorrect, but Archeron is a Battlestar."
- Unusually, the nameplate of the Archeron is rendered in the typeface used for the word "Galactica" in series title card and on Colonial unit seals, rather than the font normally used for ship markings in the reimagined series.
- The name is likely a misspelling of Acheron, one of the rivers of the Greek underworld.
- Archeron's hull number is never seen.