- For information on a similarly-named (but differently spelled) alcoholic beverage in the Re-imagined Series, see Ambrosia.
Ambrosa is bottled in flute-style bottles with plastic corks.
Starbuck imagines being rich after finding many storage bins filled with ambrosa on Proteus, a penal colony that made ambrosa for the Colonial war effort. Were it not for the Cylon attack on Proteus, he would have become quite wealthy (TOS: "The Long Patrol").
- According to the non-canonical Encyclopedia Galactica, ambrosa is "best distilled and purified under low-gravity conditions," thus the reason why Proteus was chosen as a place to produce the beverage.
Forger 7 with an 100 yahrens-old bottle of ambrosia from Proteus (TOS: "The Long Patrol").
- Starbuck first estimates that the bottle found on Robber's stolen shuttle was 50 yahrens old, giving an idea—as well as an upper limit—of the rarity of older vintages on the Colonies in the yahrens before the end of the war (TOS: "The Long Patrol").
- This style of bottle, the flûtes d'Alsace, is commonly associated with Alsace wines and is likely the basis of the original props used in the episode.
- Kraus, Bruce (1979). Encyclopedia Galactica, p. 13.